I have been busy in between the actual level creating itself with a piece of Unreal scripting. Something I have always found interesting, So I start messing around abit, trying to learn the basics.
For a learning project I have set up for myself, I’m trying to create my first HUD through Canvas/Scaleform FX in UnrealScript.
I’m currently working on the source code, which will kind of large, so this will probably take some more time.
I’ll keep posting on the progress and various skins I’m working on in Photoshop.
The mod is a mutator which is usable in Deathmatches and Duels. It shows 4 images of the Armors known to Unreal, posting various information in the match.
I will post more along the way. This is design number uno.
This was my aim for set up (Borders etc. )
I’ll go along what each of its borders say up to down read.
– The first border involves a picture of the armor that the info is given for. The word SHIELDBELT for example is a static variable (never changes and never will during play),
which gives the basic information about the armor (Which one it is of the 4 that the info will be given for)
– The second border is blank during play, but it is a Dynamic variable of the amount of armor will appear once the armor has been picked up. See +50 will be shown in the HUD for 3 seconds once its it is picked up.
– The third border shows a loud and clear AVAILABLE in Green, and is the indicator that the armor is available.
– The fourth border shows the SPAWN TIME how long remains before that amount of armor is spawned.
I’d keep it as simple as possible, but the HUD needs to interact in each other.
– If “Spawn Time” reaches 0 in the 4th Border, AVAILABLE will pop up in the 3th Border.
– If “ARMOR” is picked up, the amount of armor that has been added will appear in the 2nd Border (+20, +30, +50, +100)
If “BORDER2” is blank again, the Spawn Time will start from the start.
More to come soon.